IP address: 10.0.2.15
Default gateway: 10.0.2.2
DNS server: 10.0.2.3
How to change your IP address details on Windows
- Go to start, control panel, double click on network connection (Windows XP) or Go to start, type network, click on network and sharing centre, click manage network connections on left menu (Windows Vista)
- Right click on your nat network card then click on properties
- Choose internet protocol / internet protocol version 4 from the middle box, and then click properties.
- Click on use the following IP address and then change to the details I put above. See picture for more details
How to change your IP address on Linux
- Go to terminal, type ifconfig eth0 up. (eth0 is you nat network card)
- type ifconfig eth0 inet 10.0.2.15 netmask 255.255.255.0 and press enter
- also you have to change file in /etc/resolv.conf. Type vi /etc/resolv.conf to open the file.
- press 'i' to go to insert mode, change the nameserver to 10.0.2.3, press esc, then press ':wq' and then enter (all without single quote sign)
That's it. Hope I won't forget the next time I have to deal with this problem.